Current Employment Vacancies
Mathematics and Science Teacher
Full Time, Contract (Until end of Term 4, 2018)
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic teacher to join the Damascus College Mathematics and Science team. Experience teaching STEM or project based Mathematics and or Science would be advantageous. The teaching allotment includes a Year 9 Mathematics class and two Year 8 integrated STEM classes. There is a strong collaborative approach to planning and delivery at of STEM at Damascus.
Teachers at Damascus College are expected to uphold the professional standards of the Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL), display high levels of competency in their discipline, be committed to support Catholic education and the Damascus College Code of Conduct.
Central to the mission of Damascus College is an unequivocal commitment to fostering the dignity, self-esteem and integrity of children and young people and providing them with a safe, supportive and enriching environment to develop spiritually, physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
Damascus College welcomes applications from enthusiastic, committed and student centred educators.
Applications for this position have now closed. Further contract positions will be advertised towards the end of Term 2, 2018. We thank you for your interest.
Please refer to the Employment Application Process instructions below.
Casual Relief Teachers and Learning Support Officers
To support the College program, Damascus regularly requires the assistance of Casual Relief Teachers and Learning Support staff.
We welcome expressions of interest in these casual positions from suitably qualified registered secondary teachers and skilled and experienced Learning Support practitioners
A commitment to the ethos of Catholic Schools is required.
Please refer to the Employment Applications Process instructions below.
Employment Application Process
All applications for employment with Damascus College should include the following four items:
- A completed staff application form:
Application for Employment (127 KB)
- A covering letter addressed to Mr Matthew Byrne, Principal
- A copy of your current Curriculum Vitae (including the contact details of 3 referees) and
- A document containing detailed responses to the Selection Criteria.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to the ethos of Damascus College as a Catholic school in the Mercy tradition
- Appropriate qualifications, educational experiences and demonstrated understanding and successful implementation of contemporary learning and teaching strategies, particularly in the relevant area(s) of specialisation
- Capacity to assess and monitor student-learning data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
- A sound understanding of the learning and wellbeing education needs of young people in a coeducational setting
- Excellent administrative, written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated interpersonal capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and other staff.
- An ability to work within a collaborative decision making structure
- Demonstrated commitment to Catholic Education
- Relevant qualifications such as a Certificate IV or higher qualification, and demonstrated experience in Educational Support in a school setting
- Demonstrated capacity to support improved student learning outcomes
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), and ability to maintain professional courtesy and respect for privacy for each Individual
- Demonstrated commitment to the safety and wellbeing of young people
1412 Geelong Road
Mt Clear VIC 3350
During the recruitment process, all applicants will be required to provide the following:
- Evidence of eligibility to work in Australia
- Proof of identification
- A Child Safety Declaration
- Evidence of current VIT registration or
- Evidence or agree to undertake a Working With Children Check for non-teaching positions
Damascus College is a dynamic Christ-centred learning community that values each member, and is committed to inspiring and challenging students to reach their potential and contribute confidently to the global community.