Current Employment Vacancies
Closing Date Open to ongoing submissions.
Employment Application Process
All applications for employment with Damascus College should include the following four items:
- A completed staff application form:
Application for Employment (127 KB)
- A covering letter addressed to Mr Matthew Byrne, Principal
- A copy of your current Curriculum Vitae (including the contact details of 3 referees) and
- A document containing detail ed responses to the Selection Criteria.
For teaching positions, the following Selection Criteria will apply:
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to the ethos of Damascus College as a Catholic school in the Mercy tradition
- Appropriate qualifications, educational experiences and demonstrated understanding and successful implementation of contemporary learning and teaching strategies, particularly in the relevant area(s) of specialisation
- Capacity to assess and monitor student-learning data to inform teaching for improved student learning.
- A sound understanding of the learning and wellbeing education needs of young people in a coeducational setting
- Excellent administrative, written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated interpersonal capacity to develop constructive relationships with students, parents and other staff.
- An ability to work within a collaborative decision making structure
For all non-teaching roles, the Selection Criteria will form part of the position description, located within the ‘Employment Vacancy’ advertisement.
Applications should be forwarded to:HR Manager
1412 Geelong Road
Mt Clear VIC 3350
OR Email your completed application documents to: email@example.com
During the recruitment process, all applicants will be required to provide the following:
- Evidence of eligibility to work in Australia
- Proof of identification
- A Child Safety Declaration
- Evidence of current VIT registration or
- Evidence or agree to undertake a Working With Children Check for non-teaching positions
All staff members at Damascus College are expected to support the Catholic ethos and the Vision of the College as follows:
Damascus College is a dynamic Christ-centred learning community that values each member, and is committed to inspiring and challenging students to reach their potential and contribute confidently to the global community.
Should you require any further information about employment at Damascus College, please contact the HR Manager at 03 5337 2222 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org