AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC YOUTH FESTIVAL – SYDNEY 2017 (7-9 December)
An exciting opportunity that is highly recommended for senior students.
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival (ACYF) is a national gathering of Catholic young people established by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference (ACBC). It exists to provide young people with opportunities to deepen their relationship with Jesus, be empowered to be disciples in the world today, and encounter and celebrate the vitality of the Church in Australia.
In December 2017 the Festival will launch the Year of Youth, celebrating ten years on from hosting World Youth Day 2008.
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival exists to:
• Provide a high quality formative and experiential opportunity for young Catholics to encounter Jesus Christ, in the context of the Catholic Church in Australia;
• Listen to and discuss the issues and challenges in the lives of young Catholics in Australia;
• Evangelise young people and empower them to be evangelisers;
• Provide young people with local examples and connections of vocations, social action, liturgy and prayer, catholic music and catechesis
Damascus College is offering places to senior students to attend ACYF. We are working with the other Ballarat Catholic Secondary Colleges and the Diocese of Ballarat in this venture. There is a significant amount of information available at the diocese and at the ACYF site. These are below:
The Ballarat Diocese is arranging transport and accommodation departing Ballarat on 6th December, busing to Sydney and returning on 10th December. The Colleges and the diocese are hoping to be able to support substantially with some of these costs. Plans are being considered but will naturally depend on numbers.
1. Contact our school coordinator, Sally Murphy ( email@example.com ), with an expression of interest.
2. Attend the Parent Information Session in Room 7208 at Damascus College on Monday 11th September @ 5:30 pm
3. Complete registration form – available at the meeting.
4. Pay deposit – $220 by Friday 16th September