Damascus College announces The Shining Light Award, for Inspiring Alumni.
Alumni at Damascus College are defined as past students and staff of Damascus College and its foundation colleges, Sacred Heart, St Paul’s and St Martin’s in the Pines.
The Shining Light Award is given to recognise alumni who have contributed significantly through their chosen field to Damascus College and our global community and who will be an inspiration to current and future students.
The Shining Light Award will be bestowed upon two Alumni biennially (every 2 years). The awards will be presented during a Damascus College event and will include:
• A 3-5 minute inspirational Biopic/Documentary video that will be made/filmed by the College
• Award trophy and certificate for display
• Name and award category listed on Honour Board displayed at Damascus College
• Gift of a bunch of native Australian flowers
• If applicable, invited to be a guest speaker at a Damascus College event
The purpose of introducing the Inspiring Alumni Award is to showcase Damascus alumni and their achievements to current students and to inspire them. To recognise and acknowledge the significant contributions and achievements of alumni since they have left school.
Anyone can submit a nominee for The Shining Light Award based on the following criteria:
1. The recipient must be a Damascus College Alumni, living or dead
2. Categories for selection are:
a. Service to the global community
g. Faith Development
3. Be successful in their chosen field as demonstrated by Positions held, Achievements, Qualifications, Awards/prizes/scholarships and/or Length of service.
4. The work/actions of their chosen field support and uphold Social Justice and Christian Values
5. The alumni has made contributions or supported the College and global community in ways that are inspirational or motivational
Full details and the nomination form are available at http://www.damascus.vic.edu.au/past-students-shining-light-award