National Gathering in Perth
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival (ACYF) is a national gathering of Catholic young people established by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference (ACBC). It exists to provide young people with opportunities to deepen their relationship with Jesus, be empowered to be disciples in the world today, and encounter and celebrate the vitality of the Church in Australia. It is a blessing in the lives of those who are able to attend. Damascus College has been represented at each of the previous ACYF in Melbourne 2013, Adelaide 2015 and Sydney 2017.
The Archdiocese of Perth is hosting the event from 8th – 10th December 2019 on behalf of the ACBC.
Damascus College is offering places for senior students to attend ACYF. We are working with the Diocese of Ballarat, who in turn is working with the Archdiocese of Melbourne and Harvest Journeys in this venture. There is a significant amount of information available at the diocese and at the ACYF site. These are below.
The Archdiocese is offering packages that cover the following costs:
• Return economy class direct airfare Melbourne > Perth
• Return airport coach transfers
• Centrally located hotel/hostel accommodation in Perth
• ACYFPerth19 registration fee
• ACYFPerth19 meal ticket plus some additional meals
• Harvest Journeys on-the-ground support team
• Official 'Melbourne ACYF Perth19 Pilgrimage' t-shirt
• Participation in Melbourne formation program and official Melbourne gatherings in Perth
• Retreat resources will be provided for groups to run their own program.
The Colleges and the diocese are hoping to be able to support substantially with some of these costs. Plans are being considered but will naturally depend on numbers.
1. Contact our school coordinator Sally Murphy via firstname.lastname@example.org with an expression of interest.
2. Attend the Parent Information Tuesday 25th June at 5pm in St Martin’s Resource Centre
3. Complete registration form – made available at the meeting.
4. Pay deposit – T.B.C. at the meeting
We hope that this exciting opportunity will touch the hearts of many young people and that our College will be blessed by those who attend.