VCE Unit 1 Exam Information and Timetable
In preparation for Year 12 exams next year, all students completing VCE Unit 1 subjects are expected to complete an exam in each of their studies. The exam for Religious Education will be held at the end of the year. An exam timetable can be found attached to this letter.
Please note: St Martin House Assembly is scheduled on Tuesday June 11th. The English exam has been schedule in the morning so all Year 11 students are on Campus. The College expectation is that all students will remain on campus until the Assembly has concluded.
The following rules apply:
• Attendance is compulsory for all exams.
• Full school uniform is to be worn.
• Students completing a unit 3/4 subject are expected to attend the class as normal, providing there is no exam clash.
• If students are attending the College prior to the exam for private study or have an exam free session between exams they MUST sign in at student reception. Once students have completed their exam(s) they must then sign out, again at student reception.
• Students are welcome to be on campus when they do not have exams, but they need to sign in at the library or another assigned study space so that the College is aware of who is on campus.
• It is the student’s responsibility to organise transport to and from school for their exams. Unless they are signing in and staying on campus.
• Before the commencement of the exam, all electronic devices are collected and placed in a box. Please ensure phones are switched off.
• Students are allowed a clear, plastic, label-free water bottle (no larger than 1.5 litres) which must be stored on the floor.
• Watches must be removed and stored on the desk and be easily visible by the supervisor.
• Pencil cases are not allowed in the exam room so we would encourage students to bring a clear zip lock bag with their writing materials.
• Teachers will inform students of specific materials required for each subject (e.g. type of calculator, summary sheets, etc.)
• Students with exam clashes are to reschedule a time with the VCE Coordinator, Matthew Hallowell, who will arrange a paper for the new time.
We wish students all the best in preparing for these exams and encourage them to seek assistance from their subject teachers in the lead up to the exams. Subject teachers will be able to suggest study techniques that can be used to assist in preparation. Looking at the study designs and the key knowledge that students can be assessed on is also vital in preparation.